Please Read: Forum Introduction πŸ“’

So I guess you are all wondering why the new forum? Well for a whole host of reasons. Everyone is so busy these days and I thought it would be a good way for family to keep in touch via the secure area whilst at the same time building a forum around my interests.

This is also free and easy to upgrade and maintain (with upgrades and new features being added frequently).

Infact the entire forum runs in a docker container in AWS and Im pleased with how easy this is to maintain and upgrade. You can download the [color=yellow]discourse hub[/color] to easily access the site on iOS or Android (really nice app and fully mobile responsive). Download the app and check it out.

Discourse is a from-scratch reboot, an attempt to reimagine what a modern Internet discussion forum should be today , in a world of ubiquitous smartphones, tablets, Facebook, and Twitter. Fully open source and built with high resolution touch devices in mind, and switches automatically to a mobile layout for small screens.

An overview of the forum features are below:

• It’s easy-to-use, lightweight simple and flat.
  • It comes with a built-in mobile layout; has apps for Android and iOS.
  • It comes with all modern forum tools and is highly extensible through plugins.
  • Supports both private ad public conversations.
  • Supports searchable discussions.
  • Customize its look and feel with HTML and CSS theming.
  • Supports email notifications and email replies.
  • Supports various authentication methods such as social networks, single sign on, or oAuth 2.0.
  • Supports emojis and badges.
  • It can be integrated with WordPress, Google Analytics, Zendesk, Patreon, Slack, Matomo, and more.
  • Offers webhooks and simple JSON based comprehensive APIs for further integration.
  • Allows users to mark solutions as the official answer.
  • Allows users to vote up favorite ideas.
  • Also allows users to collaboratively edit with full revision history.
  • Supports assigning of topics to yourself or others.

NOTE The new forum will be private and locked down for family. I will also be providing some member only content and perks such as our own Discord room :pager: access to streams for United games :film_projector: video content :clapper: and some little known about hacks :desktop_computer:

You will need to be a privileged user to access this content which will be invite only and a perk of the site for significant contributors.

I really hope you like the new forum, layout and features and any questions or comments just tag me in this thread.

Welcome to the brand new and modern [color=red]Longy Hangout[/color]